Delicious, healthy, and simple recipes can be hard to come by. When we find a winner, we can’t help but share. Broccoli, onion, and pepper are currently in season, and you should find these ingredients at your local farmers market. Enjoy this salad at home, or on the go!
Makes: 4 to 6 as a side
- 2 large heads broccoli (enough for 6 cups)
- Half red onion
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pepper (optional)
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup (or more) sunflower seeds
- Wash the broccoli. Chop it into small florets, enough for 6 cups. Dice half of a red onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey.
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli, diced onion, yogurt mixture, and raisins. Season with ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Taste, and stir in additional yogurt and honey if the mixture is not creamy enough, or salt for a little more flavor.
- Directly before serving, sprinkle with ¼ cup or more sunflower seeds. (Note: Add seeds last to avoid becoming soggy. It’s best eaten fresh, so if making ahead, prepare all components separately and mix them together before serving.)